root@venus:~# mount.cifs //192.168.10.5/DB_Backup /mnt/nas/ -o user=admin
Password for admin@//192.168.10.5/DB_Backup: ******
mount error(95): Operation not supported
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
root@venus:~# man mount.cifs 8
SMB protocol version. Allowed values are:
· 1.0 – The classic CIFS/SMBv1 protocol.
· 2.0 – The SMBv2.002 protocol. This was initially introduced in Windows Vista Service Pack 1, and Windows Server
2008. Note that the initial release version of Windows Vista spoke a slightly different dialect (2.000) that is
· 2.1 – The SMBv2.1 protocol that was introduced in Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2.
· 3.0 – The SMBv3.0 protocol that was introduced in Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
· 3.1.1 or 3.11 – The SMBv3.1.1 protocol that was introduced in Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
Note too that while this option governs the protocol version used, not all features of each version are available.
The default since v4.13.5 is for the client and server to negotiate the highest possible version greater than or
equal to 2.1. In kernels prior to v4.13, the default was 1.0. For kernels between v4.13 and v4.13.5 the default is
root@venus:~# mount.cifs //192.168.10.5/DB_Backup /mnt/nas/ -o user=admin,pass=xxx,vers=2.0